Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Easy to be misled...


I'm worried about my friend. I don't really, really know him, except from the internet, but it has been a couple of years. I think he's pretty much lost and wandering. He has, to an extent, said as much. I believe, very much, the old saying "You have to stand for something or you'll fall for anything" I don't know what my friend stands for. I don't know because, I have been there myself, and see people like this all the time. I have always, at my core, been a logical person. This logic brought me to God.
Let me explain: If you believe in a divine creator, then it would stand to reason that this creator would have a reason for creating you. In essence, the meaning of life. Your life. Understandably if I was creating life, I would want this life to love me. Should I create life that loves me because that is the way I hard wired it to? In other words, basically a mindless robot. Or, should I create it to have a totally free will, give it a mind and hope that life might stumble upon me and hope it loves me? Instead, I would create a being with a free will, a mind of its own. BUT, within that mind I would leave a void. A void designed specifically for me and could only be filled and fulfilled by the creator.
Now this being, with the free will and mind, will try to fill this void with many things. Some things, people, situations, schools of thought may satiate for a bit, but the hole remains. The other things may feel right but ultimately will fail to give us the need that only the creator can fill and make us whole. Once this life realizes that the creator loves them like a father loves his children, and the life accepts this love, this life is complete, feels full, sees purpose and a plan, no longer feels lost. The Creator happy, the created happy.
I believe everyone and everything has a purpose. Every life will fit into the purpose and the plan, but it has to chose to.
When we look elsewhere for fulfillment we can easily be fooled into believing we only have to look inside ourselves to find our purpose. That is tantamount to making ourselves gods. Eckhart Tolle is a perfect example. What he is speaking about is essentially New Age Godless "spirituality" Spirituality with out God is, really, just introspection. And borderline occult. I don't know about you, but, inside me isn't too pretty. I ain't talking about my organs either.
I want to be better than me, better, until, it is me, then, I want to be even better.



God is the love He gives to you and the love you give away. There doesn't seem to be much love in this world. that is, until that void is filled. Let me tell you something, God can cram a whole lotta love into that void until it just overflows to everyone around you. And you know what, this stinking world gets just a little bit better. This life is just a test for eternity. Answers for final exam found in your local Holy Bible. Study hard.

Mark 8:36: For what does it profit a man to gain the whole world, but, loses his own soul?

2 comments:

Gadzie said...

I just want you to know I was here.. and did read your thoughts. :)

Forrest Gibb said...

Cool, thanks for being my first comment! :-)