Saturday, March 04, 2006

My original girl

5 and said, ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’ 6 So then, they are no longer two but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate.”
- Matthew 19:5-6

I was reading a blog that has awesome writing, she eloquently lays bare her emotions almost every day, and she was talking about relationships and such and I posted a comment that was way too long so I just cut and pasted it here.
2 or so months before I met my wife I had just ended another empty relationship and by empty I mean neither one of us were getting what we needed. I came to realize I was fairly pathetic, I was 25, I had no direction, no purpose, no ambition, I drank too much, I smoked too much(cigarettes and weed), and I could not "connect" in a relationship to save my life.

This revelation brought me to tears. Through these tears I talked to God. First time in many years. Well I take that back, I yelled and cursed at God many times prior to that day. None of it justified. Anyway, I told Him what I wanted in a mate. Tops on the list was that she had to be a good person from a good and decent family, integrity and truthfulness was up there too. Good looking was mentioned but was quantified with "at least something about the outside that would match the inside" As I was telling Him this I came to realize that this type of girl would probably be found in a church.(duh) So I told Him that I would be open to a church going girl, I told Him I promise to try going to said church if He would just send me the one.
Well, short story long, the day I met my wife, I didn't realize it yet but deep down I knew she was "THE One" To this day, I can tell you exactly what she was wearing, what we said to each other, and what I said after she walked away, that was 15 years ago. We complete and compliment each other. I got what I needed in a mate and she got what she needed.

I didn't remember the little talk with God until many months later when we were talking engagement. I was floored. God listened to an honest heartfelt plea from someone who resented and cursed Him. Not only did He listen, He gave me everything I had asked for. I firmly believe that our purpose and happiness are planned out by God since before time. My wifes experiences and upbringing made her the perfect one for me and vice versa. The point is, I knew that I could love this girl for the rest of my life and never ever regret it. I knew it with every fiber of my being. I thank God for her.

Word of advice from experience, if want ability to cook in a mate, you better ask for it! :-)

No comments: