Monday, August 07, 2006

I will choose to listen to the Voice of Truth

In the last 8 months I have totally rededicated myself to God. I go to church twice a week, read 5 bible chapters a day, I bought over $100 worth of bible study books and materials and study 2-4 hours a week, and pray everyday and I only listen to Christian music. I am not boasting I only tell you that because I did not do any of that 8 months ago, I was basically Christian lite then.

Well, in those 8 months, as to be expected, the enemy has come against me and my family like never before. My mother-in-law (a minister) has had back surgery and has sunk into a deep depression. My in-laws are having financial problems and I had to pay $500 to fix their car. My father-in-law is having blood clots in his lungs and spent a week in the hospital. My father had to have a heart catherterization. My oldest sister has had a recurrence of cancer that has spread farther than before. (But is responding very well to chemo) My brother-in-law lost his 75k job 6 months after their first child was born and 4 months later still has not found work. And just tonight, the owner of the Oil Change Center that I manage has informed me that he is closing the business and after this saturday I will be out of a job.

Wow. That felt good to write that out. As I was writing I am reminded of all the blessings in my life. I realize that there are many people who would consider me lucky. But, I have my good days and bad days and today was a bad one.

Now, my job I am not worried about. I have been praying for a new job and this is God just lighting a fire under me. God will provide.

I tell you all this not to complain, I know God is in control, I tell you because I believe you will pray. And that is all I need.

I do not know what I would do if it wasn't for God. I just turn all this over to Him and do my prayerful best.

2 comments:

Gadzie said...

May your ship make it through the storm. Good luck my friend. Your a smart man and I am sure you will prevail.

Forrest Gibb said...

Thank you Gadz!