Tuesday, July 25, 2006

So far, so good

Bible study has been everything I hoped it to be so far. I am at the basic stage now. At this point, before I read, I pray for insight from the Holy Spirit then read a particular chapter or passage. Then meditate on it until I find the application for my life. Then, write out a personal, practical, possible and provable application and then memorize 1 verse to help me remember the study and application. The studies have opened my eyes to ugly stumbling blocks in my personality. Namely, some of my buried predjudices that I didn't realize were still there and hampering my walk with the Lord. I am sure many more ugly and less desirable traits will be revealed soon.

It is really exciting for me because I know God is preparing me for His Glory and, at the same time, I am scared. Scared that I won't be humble enough to be all the He wants me to be. This is where His word will help me. I just need to constantly remind my self that it is not about me, it is about Jesus. I need to remember to measure myself to Him and no one else.

Always in His sight,
Me

No comments: