Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Timely Reason for the Season Reminder

I was reading Faithwarming and as I was reading I kept thinking about Martha and Mary from Luke 10:38-42. Mind on the details and presentation, not on the reason for the celebration. (But what her in-laws did was rude, I know I would have been mad too)

I was recently reminded of a somewhat similar occurance for me. I was admiring an ornament that contained our first family Christmas picture consisting of myself, my wife and my 8 month old daughter. My wife noticed me looking at that and said "Every time I look at that picture I think of how you treated me on the way to the photographer" It came back to me then. I had yelled at her the entire time we were getting ready and in the car. I was mad because it was my only day off in 2 weeks and there were 10 other things more important I could be doing.

Looking at that picture now, I couldn't have been more wrong.

No comments: