Thursday, May 25, 2006

God is real

Ya know how some people say God doesn't exist? These people say the Bible is just a book written only by men. And, of course, the Da Vinci Code stuff. I got news for you, as far as I am concerned, the God of the Bible is very real and perfectly true to the Bible.

Let me backtrack a little(actually it will probably turn out to be a lot.) Not long after New Years I came to the sobering realization that I would be 40 years old in less than 6 months. If you know me, you know that when I turned 35 I was struck with a depression unlike I had ever known. It was so bad that it contributed to a minor heart attack. Well, I vowed in Janurary to not let that happen again. So I turned to God. At 35 I tried to do it myself and failed miserably. I borrowed Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren, read it and it pointed me in the right direction. I am now closer to God than ever before and I know I am getting closer every day.

I am happier, more content, more peaceful, more confident, and more sure about where I am heading than I ever have been. Now, don't get me wrong, life is definitely NOT all peaches and cream. The rain falls on the just and unjust. There are still times when depression creeps in or a ford driver pisses me off on the hi-way, but, the Holy Spirit reels back in and ministers to me. Me! ME! The love of God fills me to overflowing in those times. IT IS REAL! There is a line from a Casting Crowns song that goes: "How refreshing to know you don't need me / How amazing to find that you want me"

The point is, He wants all of us. All we have to do is trust Him. Then, no matter what life throws at you, God is your rock. And it is all possible because Jesus, in the Garden of Gethsemane decided He would rather die and go to hell than live and go to heaven without us.

No comments: